Our Human Resources Office is at the heart of the Agency. We select quality staff and provide them with training in a positive and productive atmosphere. Scheduling screening interviews gives us a good opportunity to meet applicants while also providing valuable information about any available positions.
*EARN UP TO $3000.00 WITH THE NYS CURRENT HEALTH CARE WORKER BONUS*
Are you ready to make a difference?
At the Advocacy and Resource Center we are passionate about our mission to provide supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities so they can live full and meaningful lives.
We’re calling on you to discover your passion and become a Direct Support Professional. Start a job that turns into a career. DSPs are the heart of our agency. Everything we do starts with you!
With the option of full-time and relief positions, and a range of afternoon, overnight, and weekend shifts, we have schedules that meet your needs.
New to this field? Not sure you have the skills? We want to invest in you! You’ll receive paid training to enhance the skills you already possess to turn you into the Direct Support Professional that you never knew you could be.
Help someone discover their dreams, create friendships, and build independence.
We believe that there is nothing more rewarding than seeing the difference you can make everyday.
Apply today to start something great.
• A clean and valid driver’s license are required.
• Six or more months of experience with people with intellectual or developmental disabilities is preferred.
• A High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent, is preferred, but not required.
Full-time position available with a not for profit organization that supports people with developmental and, intellectual disabilities. We are looking for a highly organized individual, who enjoys a fast-paced environment, to join our team!
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the HR Specialist will remain up to date with employee policies and procedures, available employee benefits and available protected leave options.
Qualified Candidates Must:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources or Business Administration, or related field and five (5) years office experience required.
• Have an Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Technology or related field and seven (7) years office experience required.
• Be proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and familiar with database management.
• Be able to bend, twist, kneel, climb stairs/ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
• Have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
• Have a clean and valid New York State Driver’s License.
$22.93 - $24.99 per hour
• 8 hour shifts
• Monday - Friday
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Associates Degree
• Human Resources experience: 3 years
• Office experience: 5 years
Full-time position (40 hours per week); schedule to be discussed at interview.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Assistant Director is responsible and accountable for the following:
• Supervising department staff.
• Program operation.
• Service provision and documentation of such.
• Regulatory compliance and oversight.
• Ensuring adherence to Federal, State, and agency/department policies and regulations.
Qualified candidates must have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Special Education, or other related field;
• Minimum three years’ experience with developmentally and intellectually disabled people;
• At least two years supervisory experience; and at least one year of residential services experience.
• Must have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Candidate must also have a clean, valid New York State driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
• Must be proficient in computer documentation to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software.
$60,000.00 per year
The Advocacy and Resource Center is seeking a highly qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to join its Nursing team and provide care to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) residing in residential homes throughout Clinton County.
The RN will be responsible for providing training, oversight, and appointment planning to ensure optimal health for the individuals served. This includes scheduling and assisting with medical appointments, communicating with healthcare providers, monitoring appointment outcomes, and completing data entry through an electronic medical record system. Additionally, the RN will conduct weekly site visits to provide training to individuals and staff, monitor ongoing symptoms, and manage health conditions.
This position offers the opportunity for face-to-face interactions with individuals and staff during site visits and staff training, providing a change of pace from a traditional office environment. This is a rewarding opportunity for a qualified candidate who desires to make a meaningful impact in the lives of others.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and additional details will be discussed during the interview process.
• License and current registration as a Registered Nurse by the New York State Department of Education.
• Minimum of one year previous salaried nursing experience.
• Previous experience with the Developmentally Disabled preferred.
In addition, all nursing positions must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and a clean, valid NYS driver’s license.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Must be proficient in agency computer software.
• Must have ability to bend, twist, kneel, climb stairs/ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Our Bus Drivers transport people supported to and from agency program facilities on regularly scheduled runs, ensuring the health and safety of passengers. Bus Drivers are also responsible for maintaining awareness of the needs of their passengers, and complying with the program plans for individuals receiving transportation assistance. Drivers monitor the safety and functionality of the vehicles utilized and report any concerns to the Transportation Director as needed.
Full-time and part-time positions available.
• A clean and valid New York State Class B-P Driver’s License.
• Must be able to comply with DOT regulations for physical and drug/alcohol testing.
• Drivers must be able to pass and maintain DMV 19-A Physical and Bus Driver certifications.
• A High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent, is preferred, but not required.
Relief employees are needed in all departments within the agency. You will work as a replacement for a full-time or part-time employee on an as-needed basis. Relief employees will receive training for specific departments based on assignment.
• Experience preferred.
• A clean and valid driver's license is required.
• A High School Diploma/GED or equivalent may be required, depending on the position.
To inquire further, please contact Human Resources:
The Advocacy and Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, sex/gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, lawful political affiliations, arrest/conviction record, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, pregnancy, marital, familial, veteran or military status, recently separated veterans, victims of domestic violence and stalking, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, or any other basis protected by law.
Health, Dental, Vision, Term
Life & Cancer Insurance
NYS Statutory Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability Insurance
Paid Training, Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, Holidays, and Floating Holidays
403(B) Retirement &
Employee Assistance Program &
Employee Discounts and Perks
Family Medical Leave
& Paid Family Leave